The BotEyes telepresence robot unique features
- you can tilt the robot head 160 degrees up and 180 deg. down to look both at the floor and the ceiling or directly into the eyes of the interlocutor;
- allows using the tablet in both position: vertical and horizontal. This allows you to synchronize the width and height of image between the tablet in
robot and the controlling gadget;
- allows you to change the speed of movement smoothly while driving;
- the robot uses unspillable lead-acid batteries that are safe in comparison with lithium batteries, used in many other robots;
- overcomes doorsteps up to 0.6 inches (1.5 cm);
- robot never falls down thanks to the high weight of the batteries in the robot chassis;
- allows installing in the robot head almost any tablet with size from 8 to 12 inches. The video resolution
depends very much on the processor power and RAM capacity (i.e. the tablet price);
- allows to switch between the front and rear camera;
- you can take a video or photos of the remote place and save them to file (for Android and Windows only);
- allows to demonstrate anything you have on your screen (screen sharing) to the remote user (if you control the robot from Windows-based desktop computer only);
- does not distort the space with a fish-eye lens;
- allows to send a text message to the robot tablet;
- allows you to choose video communication tools (default tool or Skype) as well as Zoom, WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, etc.;
- allows you to see remote place on ordinary TV which support Skype (it is all the modern TVs);
- BotEyes uses a separate computer installed in its chassis, for the movement control.
This exempts user from downloading and installing an extra software and allows to use any device
like photo camera or WiFi camera instead of tablet.
|Height (when the tablet is installed)
|| 56 inches (142.5 cm)
||Digital zoom from 2 to 5, depends on the tablet camera resolution
||Yes, for desktop computer only
|Switching between front and rear cameras**
||For 10 hours of work, safe non-spillable lead-acid batteries, 12V, 173Wh
|Moving speed (smoothly controlled)
||0...1.5 mph (0...2.5 kmph )
||Mouse, arrow keys, touching the screen
||WiFi 2.4Ghz (802.11b/g/n), 4G/5G depending on the tablet type
|Video communication tool
||Google WebRTC (default), Skype or others by your choise
||https protocol, DTLS-SRTP and 128-bit AES encription, browser "sandbox"
|Tablet tilt angle
||160 deg. You can see the floor and ceiling
|Tablet in robot "head"
|| Almost any Android, iOS or Windows-based tablet from 8' to 12' screen size
||Horizontal or vertical. See here why it is usefull.
|Device to control the robot
||Any smartphone, tablet or desktop, Mac- or Windows-based computer using Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, Edge, Yandex
||Power On/Off and WiFi Reset buttons
||Light diodes: "Power On", "Connected", "Charging"
||Yes, from USB type A in robot head, 500 mA, 5.25 V
||Yes, tablet must have orientation sensor. Works for the horisontal position of tablet only.
||Yes, two infrared sensors in front of the robot body
|Stopping in case of emergency
||Yes, using multi-level watchdog timer in browser, on webserver and in robot
|Computer for robot wheels control
||Broadcom proc., Windows 10 IoT Core, HDMI port, 4 USB ports
||Yes, Input: 100...240V, 50/60 Hz, output: 19.5V, 2A
| Door steps overcome
||0.6 inches (1.5 cm)
||Never falls down
||ABS plastic and stainless steel
||Black by default or white by request
|Operating temperature range
||32...140 F (0...+60 C)
|Base Footprint (Width x Length)
|| 11 x 15 inches (29 x 39 cm)
|| 29.5 lb (13.4 kg)
|Charging dock dimensions
|| 128' x 70.9' x 19.7' (325 x 180 x 50 cm)
|Package dimensions for delivery and weight
|| 29.5 x 15 x 13.8 inches (75 x 38x 35 cm), 25 kg (55 lb)
* - autodocking may not work with iPad, we are working on it now. The best choise would be Android device. Autodocking works if the tablet position is horizontal.
** - if you use iPad, then microphone turns off after cameras switching. It is not our fault. In case of Android and Windows it works fine.
BoyEyes video communication system is based on WebRTC technology or the customer can use any telecommunication software he likes such as
Skype or Google Hangout for example. Skype is available by default on many modern TVs and you can see video from the robot on the big TV screen.
To manage the wheel part BotEyes robot uses a separate computer running Windows 10 IoT Core and using WebSockets services to manage user accounts and
to control the wheels base.
Using a separate computer for motion control allows isolation of the tablet function exclusively for video communication and to use for this
purpose not only any tablet but even a smartphone without the need to install the robot-specific software. For mechanical attachment of the gadget,
this robot uses a special designed holder with adjustable grips. The division of functions between two computers also allows you to use any
video messenger you like.
Remote control of BotEyes is performed from a web browser. The browser version is convenient because it does not depend on the platform and
the type of gadget on which the browser is installed.
BotEyes uses a heavy unspillable lead-acid battery that placed very low in the robot chassis. It makes the robot very stable and allows it to overcome doorsteps.
Moreover, these batteries are safe products. In contrast to this, many telepresence robots use lithium-ion and lithium-polymer batteries which are dangerous
and are prohibited for transportation by aircraft for this reason. There are cases where they simply ignite, see, for example,
the website of the US Department of Transportation.
The robot docking station has a unique shape that allows you to catch the robot even if it goes to the dock from the side or does not hit it.
It makes manual docking very simple, like in this video. At the same time,
the robot also has the ability to automatically install in the dock.